Wednesday, January 21, 2015

CANCER: When things become tough, it's nice to know that others care

January 16, 2015 I woke up and remembered that no one had called me back from the oncologist's office to set up an appointment for my bone biopsy.  So when I called I was told, "we are busy and just didn't have the time to set up an appointment yet."  I said, "I have 4th stage breast cancer and I don't have the time to wait."  Within 10 minutes she called me back and had an approval for my bone biopsy.  Sometimes in life,  you have to be bold and stand up for yourself.  Sometimes, it can be whether or not you live or die.

January 18, 2015 was a very special Sunday.  Most of you might know that I am a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Yes, I'm a Mormon.  One Sunday each month Mormons observe a fast day.  That means we go without food and water for two consecutive meals. Fasting should also be accompanied by sincere prayer. There are many different purposes for fasting. We can fast for guidance in decision making or fast for a family member that is ill. You can fast and pray for any reason you feel is important.  I have a large family and they wanted to hold a special fast for me on Sunday, January 18th.  This was so special to me. I felt so blessed. The strength and love I felt from this experience was overwhelming to me!

Later in the day, several women from my ward (a ward is a congregation of about 500 people) came to visit me and brought me a large beautiful basket filled with various items that were the color yellow. The basket was filled with lotions, cookies, candy, jewelry and so many other items to mention along with kindly written messages to help inspire me. I love the color yellow!  It surely did brighten my day!

January 19, 2015 Angie called me up and asked if she could bring by a plate of hot fresh cookies. Oh and they were delicious!  Thank you for being so kind! A few hours later, Erika brought by something that touched me deeply.  On January 20, I was going in for my bone biopsy and I felt very afraid for this procedure.  Erika, who made this cute wall hanging went to various women in the ward, knocked on their doors and asked them to sign this. Just look below and see for yourself!

January 20, 2015 I completed my bone biopsy with no pain! (Thanks to the amazing medicines they gave me through an IV!) Thank you Sue for bringing me dinner later that night!  And I want to thank my family for fasting and praying on my behalf.  It's nice to know that others care!






1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) to you! Our Heavenly Father places angels on earth to minister to His children. Sometimes we are in the presence of His angels and have no idea. I often wonder if we at times are guided by the Holy Spirit to act as an earthly representative of His angels. I am grateful that you are the beneficiary of ministering angels both Heavenly and Earthly in origin!

    ReplyDelete