Monday, January 26, 2015

CANCER: Daisy has truly brightened my day!

I love dogs!  I have had pet dogs throughout my entire life.  When my dog Bisky died last year, I swore (you can ask my kids) that I would never go through the experience of losing a dog again.  Off and and on my kids would say, "Come on Mom, we need another dog."  I would simply reply by saying, "I can't go through losing another pet again."  When they found out I had cancer, my kids came at me in full force and said, "Mom, you need a friend that will help you feel better while you're going through chemo, radiation, or other treatments."  I started to think that maybe it was time to have something that would love me unconditionally and help me through the rough times ahead. There are studies that show "...visits with animals may improve patient outcomes, decrease length of hospital stay, help with confusion, depression, and manage pain symptoms." I really believe this is true.  On Saturday, January 24, 2015, Sarah called me very early in the morning.  She said, "Mom, I found the perfect dog for you!  She's so cute!"  So, by the end of the day, we welcomed Daisy into our home!  My daughter Jenna said it best when she said, "Mom, for the past three weeks, all I could think of was cancer, cancer, cancer.  Now, I feel like there is something bright and hopeful back in our family again."  Daisy's breed is called a Morkie.  She's a Maltese and Yorkie mix.  CUTE!!

This is me holding Daisy.






























The cutest puppy ever!


2 comments:

  1. I had the privilege of playing with Daisy yesterday... she is so adorable and sooooo SOFT!! I know that you will be a blessing to her, just as she will be a blessing in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice, Liz. So happy you have this darling little friend. The best things about dogs is that they listen to ANYTHING at ANY TIME. They're the best kind of friends :) Enjoyed our visit together today. Your optimism is inspiring. Love you

    ReplyDelete